Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
FUNimation Entertainment was announced as the home video, broadcast and theatrical distributor at the 2006 Comic-Con International in San Diego, with a <s>November 21, 2006</s> release date for the DVD

NOW SET FOR RELEASE 2/6/07
  08-03-2006, 01:46 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
It's about time that a distributor was announced. We fans haVe been waiting quite a longtime for this film to come out on DVD. Thanks for the news Mark!
  08-03-2006, 06:22 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I still won't believe it until I have the DVD in my player. The original release was set for November 2005. A full year delay is never a good sign. And notice how there is still NO MENTION of the actual series, just the pilot movie on DVD. Booooo. I want it all, and I want it yesterday! GIVE ME MY ROBOTECH!

08-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
The more you cry.

The Less you pee

Just have to take it like a Big Boy LS. No fits.

11-14-2006, 11:58 PM

It's coming! It's coming! It's coming! It's coming! It's coming! It's coming!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 7 more days!

Maybe I should freeze myself, because I hate to wait, and wake up on release day?

11-15-2006, 04:33 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

Only 7 more days!

Maybe I should freeze myself, because I hate to wait, and wake up on release day?

I belive the release of the DVD has been pushed back until the 1st quater of 2007. You can read more about it on Robotech.com
  11-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Verified Member

Its now February 6, 2007

They got an opportunity to take it around the US and show it at film festivals and have FUNimation foot the bill so that is why it was delayed.

But it is 100% completed, just wanting free advertisement I guess.
  11-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

Only 7 more days!

That's a long time to hold it
  01-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Verified Member

Cover art has now been released

And the website has been updated http://www.theshadowchronicles.com/
  02-03-2007, 10:14 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Just saw the dvd in thre stockroom at Wal-Mart it has a foil like slipcase. Artwork loks really nice though.
  02-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Verified Member

Picked this up today and put it in my home theatre, it looks amazing on an HDTV (bright colors, perfect image) and with full 5.1 surround sound hearing the theme song by a symphony!

Anybody else see it yet?
  02-08-2007, 02:20 PM

I watched 5 minutes and fell asleep last night. Will try again tomorrow night.
  02-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Verified Member

I had to watch it twice and then re-read the 5 issue mini series that came before as well as watch the final episode of Robotech to have it all make sense, and now it does lol

I have some issues but nothing bad, just some things that I hope to see explained or played out if they continue...

Also make sure you [u]watch the documentary</u>! , they talk about the future plans (some more movies and a tv show plus toys from toynami)

Overall I am pleased with it, worth the wait.
  02-09-2007, 05:41 AM

Verified Member

I JUST saw the film and all I have to say is IT'S GREAT...BUT...

After a 20+ year wait I was eagerly waiting to see Rick (more screen time), Lisa, Dana, Max, Dante, amoung others...I was left somewhat disappointed by that.

I did enjoy the CGI incorporated throughout the film, it gave Robotech a fresh look while still remaining true to its past.

The "Special feature" documentary was pretty good too. My only real gripe with the film was that I felt it was far too short, it took seemingly forever to make and release this RT project, and because there is no real certainty that there will be a series that is spawned from the film, HG and others in charge with the production of the film, "should've" given us fans at least a 3hr film, 88 min. was just too little time, especially after such a long haitus for the saga that is ROBOTECH.

Oh, and does anyone know what Carl Macek thinks of this film? He is after all, the "father"
of RT as we in the U.S. got to know it.

02-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Verified Member

Well there is an explanation for the characters missing, they were in the 5 comic issues that led up to the movie. The point was to make a starting point from the Reflex Point episode of Robotech and then gradually go into the story.

Plus the movie was done over 1 year ago, the sole reason it was delayed for home release was to send it around the film circuit to garner it critical acclaim.

This movie is basically meant to be a 4 episode pilot to shop to networks, if a Robotech series is greenlit then you can be sure this will be broken into Ep 1-4

In the documentary they state that they approached networks but the networks wanted the upper hand, the movie was then put through the film circuit so its eventual home release would be met with more favor and thus give HG a controlling hand in the negotiation for a new show.

I agree with all HG's moves though because look at the abomination that is Fantastic Four on CN, look what CN did to He-Man, Transformers, more and more companies like Marvel are going direct to video rather than deal with WB and CN to butcher and limit their licenses.

I am almost certain we will see another movie or more, they had the head of Toynami in the documentary for a reason as well, its a bargaining chip if they had a toy line (Toynami is the Sci Fi version of NECA/Diamond Toys essentially)

But thats why everyone needs to read the 5 issue comic series, I think HG should have included a cheapy graphic novel outlining the basics of the 5 issues so that people who did not get to read them (they are sold out at most stores and are starting to command $$$ on ebay) would understand more about Rick Hayes situation.

A 4hr movie would have rocked, I love how it ended with Janice singing somberly!
  02-09-2007, 07:48 AM

Verified Member

I can't get te 5 issue set anywhere, but if you know where I can get them I'd be greatly appreciative.
  02-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Verified Member

I was hoping robotech.com would get them back in stock but they are still sold out.

Would you be able to read them on the computer? If so I can post them online in cbr format (basically a zip file but by calling it cbr you can read it with a free comic book reader)

Walmart missed the boat too, they just released a $14 Hellboy animated 2 pack with a small graphic novel that helps with the story, this DVD should have had the same thing. I would have paid $25 or so to get that edition so I would not have to drag out the comics.

In case nobody read the comics here is a graphic that shows their newly animated or designed formats for Shadow Chronicles

A lot of those that were not in the movie are in the comic mini series and are on the SDF-3