Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
During their second quarter financial results conference call, Marvel Entertainment announced that an animated direct-to-DVD feature titled Teen Avengers was in development. No other information on the title was provided, such as whether it is based on the Young Avengers comic book title by Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung. The same call also revealed that a live-action feature film based on Marvels' Avengers superhero team was in production, with Zak Penn named as the screenwriter.

A PDF of the presentation materials can be downloaded from Marvel.
  08-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I hope its based on the Young Avengers storyline, I think that would be really interesting to see since they are not related to the Avengers just honoring them in their costume/hero choices.
  08-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I'd rather have a bastard version of the classic Avengers, along the lines of what X-MEN Evolution was.