Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

07-29-2005, 03:45 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Avenger: Complete Collection will be released on a three-disc DVD collection with a retail price of $29.98, Animated Bliss reports. The set will hit shelves on October 25.
  07-29-2005, 04:01 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
That's cool, but WOW. $30 and 3 DVDs for 13 episodes of a decent cartoon. Steep.

Anyway, my trip to Wizard World Chicago is off, so I won't get to see the WORLD PREMIERE of the new Ultimate Avengers cartoon OVA. Hopefully they'll put a trailer up shortly after it.
  07-29-2005, 05:30 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I would think the "real" price (Meaning what we pay) would be more around $19 which is on par with what Marvel does, FF is only 26 or so episodes and it was $50MSRP (most paid $34-36) so cut that in half and its on par with this release

But yeah I agree about the disc count seems kinda large, must be 4-5 eps per disc with either some material or just bare bones on the end.

Is Marvel animation getting back up on its feet again? That would be nice to see, well I guess unless the new FF4 cartoon completely stinks
  07-29-2005, 06:58 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
What's this about an Ultimate Avengers cartoon, I haven't heard anything about it. I love the Avengers though, is it going to revolve around the founding members?
  07-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Marvel signed a deal with Lions Gate (I think) to produce 9 (I think) direct to video animated movies. The Ultimate Avengers is the first project and it's almost complete. Can't really find any more concrete info, I guess they've never release any specifics other than # of films.