Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-17-2006, 01:27 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I'm sure most people here remember back when Cartoon Network actually showed entertaining cartoons, not all the vulgar Adult Swim garbage and 2nd-rate anime. The good old days from the early 1990s to the early 2000s...

I think I discovered what happened to all our good cartoons...

http://www.tvpreservation.com/videos/cncallinsick.mpg
Right click, save as ... (20MB)

Also, there were some changes in who owned and operated the network...

http://www.tvpreservation.com/videos/cnownership.mpg
Right click, save as ... (20MB)

So sad. I miss the old CN.

08-17-2006, 02:25 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Their daytime lineup blows to boot, I mean I dont want to offend Fosters or Ed,Ed and Eddie fans but jesus do we need like 10 episodes in a row? Toon Disney does the same things
  08-17-2006, 06:56 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
I'd rather see new eps of Aqua Teen and all that other stuff, rather than that anime crap
  08-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Anime is just better. Better art, better stories. That's why it's taking over. I can live without the stupid gross adult swim shows though.
  08-17-2006, 10:23 AM

blah blah blah, boring anime.. Ninja Scroll is good, but this pokemon kid action no point stuff, is boring to me
  08-17-2006, 11:26 AM

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
oooo Only -- you are sure to feel the wrath of LS for that one - his is a pokemon fan. Brace yourself ..........
  08-17-2006, 11:28 AM

Are you joking? lol.... I just don't really like that kinda stuff myself, All the action lines and colors just clash. EH, I rather watch some crude, cussing food items... lol
  08-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I have no problem with A-grade anime. That include Macross, Pokemon, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Slayers .... interesting stories with humor, great adventures. Some have merchandise, but most do not (especially not in the USA).

I have a problem with B-rate anime like Bo-Bobobob-Bo Bo .. Bobo .Bo.... I mean seriously, WTF? A guy that beats you up with his nose hairs? Or Hamtaro? Are you serious? What the heck was CN thinking? If Boomerang is supposed to be CN cast-offs, then they need like a 3rd or 4th tier channel for some of this junk.

I also cannot stand 30-minute-commercial anime. I know, I know, He-Man started that, but at least He-Man was not playing with his own action figures. These card game anime shows are basically A-grade stupid. They play with their own cards, how is that not an infomercial?

08-19-2006, 05:54 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
HAHA, yugioh-infromerical, etc. I find it all hilarious. But, recently cartoon network has gone under serious problems, I think 2006 marked the year of becoming Nick Cash Cow tv-bugs all over. I forget when, but I think 2004? or 03 was the year they began their 4 commercial thing. And 2005 was their new logo? I dunno...but it was good while it lasted you know?
  09-19-2006, 05:00 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Even with Bleach, Inuyasha etc. The times that these air simple negate some of the audience. I know these aren't for the little ones, but come on. Pee-Wee's Playhouse? I've actually been watching them once in a while, so call me stupid. Family Guy and Futurama are two shows that I had never watched until they showed up on Adult swim, now I love them. Did you see that is it TNT or TBS is trying to compete with Adult Swiim? Moral Orel, the Oblongs etc. Oh well, back to my Anime and Manga
  09-19-2006, 07:12 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
Well TBS shows Cartoon Network Commercials, so I assume they're all the same and not trying to compete. Because if you have Cable, and you only get a certain amount, TBS is usually apart of it (or around here). So I'm assuming that's it.

I think Adult Swim is the only great addition to Cartoon Network in recent years.
  09-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Now that I've got all of the Krypto episodes, I only watch Cartoon Network for Life and Times of Juniper Lee. That show is laugh-out-loud funny. Now, if I could just track down a copy of the Easter Bunny episode, I'd have all the episodes ... :>
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  09-20-2006, 06:01 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, i wish for the good ole days of CN. boomerang was fine for awhile, now it too has gone the way of CN. i now get more enjoyment from pbs kids sprout that i do cn or boomerang. give me jakers or thomas any day over pokemon. why does boomerang keep showing the same eps of toonheads over and over? thanks samuel