06-20-2007, 05:04 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
Here is a link to what the new Transformers series will look like. The series will start in Spring 2008 on the Cartoon Network.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33073

06-20-2007, 05:28 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
uhhhhhh horrible, horrible

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  06-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 862 posts since Jun 2005
looks kind of like samurai jack animation maybe the guy who made that and star wars clone wars animated will be creating this series then you know it will be good at least there doing it in regular 2d animation i hope
  06-20-2007, 08:15 AM

Verified Member

But then again it is only a trade ad. Very early stages. I will def be watching And recording and buying the toys

Brent

06-20-2007, 08:20 AM

Verified Member

As long as the stories are excellent, I don't care what the animation looks like.

I wasn't a big fan of the Pokemon-esque Armada, Energon and Cyberton series.
  06-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005

Very weird looking.

The last cartoon I liked was Robots in Disguise in 2000. And even that was only a partial like, not anywhere near the affection I have for the G1 series.

06-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
EEWWW!!
  06-25-2007, 05:37 AM

Verified Member

Cartoon Network and Hasbro Join Forces to Create TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED

Latest Action-Adventure Series to Premiere 2008 on Cartoon Network

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The TRANSFORMERS saga has captivated kids for more than 20 years. Coming on the heels of the highly anticipated live-action theatrical film being released July 3rd, by DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, Cartoon Network and Hasbro, Inc. are announcing today that the next generation of the epic animated series is being jointly developed by the two entities for a 2008 debut on the network in the U.S. The eye-popping 2-D animated series is a new twist on the original high-octane, animated action-adventure series with new characters alongside legends such as OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON. Each episode will present a standalone storyline featuring everyday heroes who do good deeds that triumph over evil. TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED series will be co-produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

Twenty-six, half-hour episodes will be produced as well as a 90-minute special of TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED which is scheduled for release in early 2008 on Cartoon Network in the U.S. Matt Youngberg (Teen Titans, The Batman) is the supervising director, Derrick Wyatt (Teen Titans) will provide the character designs and Sam Register (Ben 10, Teen Titans) will serve as executive producer of the series. Marty Isenberg (Danny Phantom., X-Men, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) acts as head writer.

”We are thrilled to be working with the highly creative team at Cartoon Network on bringing the next chapter in the TRANSFORMERS saga to kids and fans around the world,” said Brian Goldner, Hasbro’s Chief Operating Officer. “The animation style that Cartoon Network has developed really brings the lore and characters of the TRANSFORMERS franchise alive in a way that has never been seen through animation.”

“TRANSFORMERS is a tried and true draw for our core audience,” said Bob Higgins, senior vice president programming and development, Cartoon Network. “Kids love the surprise of 'More Than Meets the Eye,' combined with dynamic, clearly defined characters and epic storylines. We are thrilled to be working with Hasbro to help re-imagine this amazing franchise for a new generation of fans.”

Set on Earth in the near future in Detroit, the alien TRANSFORMERS are thrust into a world populated by humans and automatons. As visitors to Earth, the TRANSFORMERS--OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, PROWL, BULKHEAD and RATCHET--work in the human world, interacting with the ‘natives’ in exciting and humorous ways. TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED has been created to showcase the heroic AUTOBOTS working together to battle the evil DECEPTICONS and save Earth with kid-relatable plot lines filled with humor, distinctive character personalities, and dynamic action.

Hasbro and HPG, its licensing division, will expand the action-packed TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED series through toys, games, licensed merchandise and promotions around the world.

Hasbro (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys ranging from traditional to high tech. Both internationally and in the U.S., its PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER and WIZARDS OF THE COAST brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.

Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT) Sunday-Thursday, Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of program

06-25-2007, 08:53 AM

Verified Member

New picture of the series:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimgh...img&imgid=4374
  06-26-2007, 07:28 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
While the series is going to be off the beaten path from what we are all use to at least its going one step in the direction that I would like to see it headed, "back to being fully animated", rather than merged with CG.

06-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
That last image looks like they put an Optimus costume on Johnny Bravo.
  06-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

That last image looks like they put an Optimus costume on Johnny Bravo.
I was thinking the same thing I will watch but I only half put up with the last 3 TF shows so my patience wears thin.

Of course that holds true for most animation the last few years (with FEW exceptions being shows the caliber of Justice League)