Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

03-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
One superhero series will end, another begin, and a third return with a new episode on March 8 when KidsWB presents "Super Hero Saturday."

The back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back heroics start at 9:30am (ET/PT) with the new Legion of Super Heroes episode "In the Beginning," which details the Legion's formation. The story, by Steven Melching, has Legion members reminiscing about its foundation as they are trying to rescue R.J. Brande. James Tucker directs.

The premiere of The Spectacular Spider-Man will follow at 10:00am with "Survival of the Fittest," in which high school student Peter Parker must face both The Enforcers and Vulture. Victor Cook directs the Greg Weisman script, with Robert Englund playing the part of Vulture.

"Interactions" at 10:30am will have Parker trying to tutor Liz Allan (Alanna Ubach) while also battling Electro (Crispin Freeman). Troy Adomitis directs from a script by Kevin Hopps.

The first season of The Spectacular Spider-Man will air for twelve consecutive weeks on KidsWB. A second season is already in production.

As Spider-Man begins, The Batman will end with an hour-long event, "Lost Heroes," in which Batman, Robin and Green Arrow battle The Joining after it has kidnapped the Justice League members and transferred their powers into alien androids. In addition to the Justice League, the episode will feature appearances by Toyman, Mirror Master, and Dr. Hugo Strange. Stan Berkowitz and Alexx Van Dyne script and John Fang and Vinton Heuck direct. "Lost Heroes" will air at 11:00am.
  03-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
So The Batman is ending for good? Or for the season?
If for good, that really sucks.
I record almost nothing off television these days, it's all so crappy. I liked The Batman.

03-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
We'll probably find out for sure in April for the up-fronts.

Rumors I've heard are "The Batman" was going to be replaced by a Batman and Guest hero team up series titled "Brave and the Bold"
  03-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by allaboutduncan

We'll probably find out for sure in April for the up-fronts.

Rumors I've heard are "The Batman" was going to be replaced by a Batman and Guest hero team up series titled "Brave and the Bold"
Cool, I hope it isn't the same crappy animation.