Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Reality TV: Sports, Gameshows, Non-Fiction

08-31-2006, 08:31 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
Well you'd think Hell in a Cell should be a blowoff to the McMahon stuff(Oh please have them get tossed off the top Well Johnny Nitro lives up to his name as he blew on the microphone. Melina needs to be seen and not heard and Lita still can't talk after all these years. After the Edge/Cena thing runs it's course who will be thrown into the mix? I really don't know.

I was surprised Jeff Hardy is getting an IC title shot this quickly. Last time I remember someone getting a title shot that fast is when Kerry Von Erich came to the WWF in 1990 and won it at Summerslam.

I thought the product has been kinda sliding since Wrestlemania 20. However, I do agree with the decision for all three champs to retain their titles at Summerslam. There really wasn't enough build up for any of the matches to change any of the belts. I do miss the tradition of the IC title changing hands at that show though.
  08-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
yeah well the talent rosters for WWE are in such disarray, I mean I hate how WWE constantly uses Big Show, Kane, and Undertaker (depending on which show we are speaking about) when they are in a jam.

UT has not been big since the 90's and has aged horribly. Kane to me never had any real talent and gets over because people put him over, and Big Slow has the makings of a champion but he needs to lose some weight and get in better stories.

I hate to say it but I dont think Edge is a good champion, not because of lack of skill as he possesss major mic and ring skills but because of lack of contenders. I mean if you were to remove Cena for injury who would be next in line??? Umaga? Carlito?

They spend so much time pushing DX/HHH/HBK/McMahons that they are missing out on establish younger wrestlers. The spirit squad could contain a few future champions but they are tied around a tag team division that simply does not exist, I mean hell break the Spirit Squad into 2 tag teams and make the 5th member a singles wrester lol.

I am with you William I want to see Vince thrown off the top of the cage, maybe he will break his *** or something and be out for a while. However I bet even if injured he would wheelchair out to the ring lol
  08-31-2006, 09:27 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
Raw was on Monday on USA about an hour later... everything was running a bit late I guess. I'm waiting for TNA t/n... I get bored with some of the stuff sometimes.. I wish that ECW was extreme matches all the time, instaead of 1 a nigh
  09-01-2006, 09:13 AM

Verified Member

TNA probably has a better 1hr show than anyone else, but I just can't get into the personalities. I zone out as soon as I hear Jeff Jarrett's theme music. Raw usually gets cut out here when they have the US open or the Dog Show. For some reason they just don't bother to tape the later feed so we get like a double helping of Law & Order.

WWE really should be trying to put some new talent over with all the McMahons/DX stuff. Orton & Carlito probably could have been elevated if they were involved.

Maybe they should unify the three world titles and have one undisputed champion. It would make the World title more important and upgrade the value of the secondary titles for the 3 shows. At least the obvious #1 contenders would generally be the IC, US, and whatever belt they would come up with for ECW.
  09-01-2006, 09:42 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
I like TNA but the announcers kill the show for me. If a program has bland announcer I just cannot get into it.

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  09-01-2006, 09:46 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MOTUfan

I like TNA but the announcers kill the show for me. If a program has bland announcer I just cannot get into it.

Brent
Yeah Mike Tenay is a poor man's JR and Don West has been horrible with his hoarse voice since day one.
  09-01-2006, 09:48 AM

Verified Member

Tenay is the reason I could never get into Nitro fully during the Monday Night Wars I always Fast Forwarded when watching after Raws.

UGH!!!

09-01-2006, 09:55 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MOTUfan

Tenay is the reason I could never get into Nitro fully during the Monday Night Wars I always Fast Forwarded when watching after Raws.

UGH!!!
Yeah it was Tenay's fault Nitro failed Works for me. He never came off as sincere in his commentary as JR did.

Man those final years of Nitro were really horrible to watch(and listen too). The early years it was just horrible to listen to.

Yes that Means Mongo & Bischoff's commentary. Bobby Heenan came off as such a class act as he didn't need to put WWF down at all during his entire run on air in WCW.
  09-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
So I didnt miss anything then lol
  09-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
WWE Raw sure is boring these days. It's like 25% wrestling and 25% ads for other wrestling events coming soon, and 50% drama crap. Boo.....
  09-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Verified Member

Ha ha I think your 25% wrestling is too high

I mean I guess every match being like 5min and ending in a DQ can count lol
  09-03-2006, 02:50 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
I can't stand the smakdown announcers, they are really boring I think... even when on ppv's I can't stand em. ugh
  09-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Verified Member

Wow did anybody else watch the same show I did tonight, I was actually offended for the first time ever by the "Cryme Tyme" Promo.....I mean I am one of the must UNpolitically correct people there is but oh my god that was blatently racist....and then to think there are going to be more of them.

This is what wwe posted "Tonight a new tag team, Cryme Tyme, will be introduced to the RAW audience. In an effort to humor and entertain our fans the tag team known as Cryme Tyme will be parodying racial stereotypes."

Now I am all for parodys wow...I mean there is parodying and then that.

Whats next week the 2 black guys raping some woman, or maybe selling drugs LOL

That coupled with the Vince McMahon vs HHH at MSG as the Main Event next week (typically one of their biggest shows of the year) has just led me to believe the man has lost his mind 100%
  09-04-2006, 01:25 PM

Verified Member

WWE Trademarked that like over two months ago I recorded Raw tonight one of the last few times I will be able to once Heroes starts and I knew without seeing them that it would be horrible.

Brent