Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Reality TV: Sports, Gameshows, Non-Fiction

08-11-2006, 05:02 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
why no more kelly
  08-11-2006, 10:45 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
Actually Kelly was on this week, she just didn't do the teasing

And speaking of Death Matches those are so falsely advertised. lol

I remember the anticipation for the Tower of Doom matches, then I actually saw one. Ouch.
  08-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I wanna see A DUDE I QUIT match on ECW, YEAH ! ... what would you use for weapon? lmao!
  08-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
wow tonights show REAKED. How many missed spots did RVD and Sabu have combined, it looks like I was in the ring for some of those ha ha ha

If Big Show had to wait any longer for Sabu to "steal the contract" I think he would have fallen asleep.
  08-15-2006, 04:29 PM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Will some please put this thread out of it's misery!!!!
  08-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Verified Member

Why its so fun to see that no matter what happens it gets worse and worse

Also its no different then Marcus vs Tekken banter
  08-16-2006, 01:05 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
We need to change the title

"Is ECW worse than last week?? Or Better??"

I think last night was decent, far better than the worst episode ever (The first one) but they need to rebound next week, something tells me this episode was thrown together due to Angle hurting himself over the weekend.

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-16-2006, 02:02 AM
Verified Member

The overall episode I think is getting better, I dont know who needed more work RVD or Sabu ha ha

It seemed like RVD is still getting used to wrestling full time and Sabu normally would have hit those spots, he had his misses in the past but never that many...I wonder if its too much pressure since ECW TV used to be taped and the PPV's had a longer run time so he is having a problem adjusting the 4-9min format as opposed to the 22-45min old ECW format where is the match took the entire show it took the entire show (RVD vs Jerry Lynn or some Shane Douglas 3 way dances)

I think the Smackdown crowd is also coming around, but I will not agree that the main even was good. It would have not been SO bad if you did not see Sabu and RVD blanently waiting for the other to hit their spot (when RVD was sitting on the rope waiting for Sabu to attempt to jump to the corner rope, Big Show waiting forever for Sabu to get set to steal the pass)
  08-16-2006, 05:07 AM

Verified Member

I'm a little surprised I thought this show was the best so far. That may not be saying much but the format in theory is looking better. At least there seems to be some kind of plan. I think the show probably needs to be taped ahead, perhaps after Raw so that the screwed up spots aren't so blatant and can be edited for Tuesday.
  08-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Verified Member

I am hoping after Summerslam if they take the belt of Big Show that they can start introducing more titles. I dont know if they will though because Show draws MAJOR heat, with reports of him really getting into it with fans (spitting on them and vice versa) so I guess he is working the heel angle pretty good. Its about the most involved I have seen him since early WCW

What is glaring though in recent weeks was that 1hr is not long enough, I mean you can see the ECW pros dont like it and either it ends up a disaster or a squash. Its ironic that RAW has more "stars" but yet it struggles to fill 2hrs (why else do we see such LONG segments with the Divas, Vince and his family, and promos instead of wrestling).

Smackdown seems to do well in the 2hr block so I think if they can move ECW to "taped" shows like it used to be and stick it to 2hrs (Sci-Fi can handle it since they basically have 1hr extra before the re-run of Eureka comes on) it will start turning the corner

I still wonder if we will ever have any more belts, there is no way currently I can see them having even a tag belt with their 45m-1hr format, plus they only have 2 tag teams at the moment and most of their wrestlers are going for the World Title (CM Punk, RVD, Sabu, Big Show, Angle) so I doubt they could have a Light Heavyweight or TV belt at this point either.

I told my friend its sad when you know the ladder match will suck because there is about 8min left in the show, probably one of the reasons for all the missed spots was rushing.
  08-17-2006, 03:25 AM

Verified Member

The ratings so far:

Week 1 (6/13): 2.8
Week 2 (6/20): 2.3
Week 3 (6/27): 2.2
Week 4 (7/04): 1.4
Week 5 (7/11): 2.4
Week 6 (7/18): 2.2
Week 7 (7/25): 2.4
Week 8 (8/01): 2.4
Week 9 (8/08): 2.2
Week 10 (8/15): 2.3

Two more weeks before the end of the intial 12 week run.

08-17-2006, 11:51 AM

isn't wrestling fake? .....
  08-18-2006, 12:59 AM

Verified Member

Its only fake as far as its outcome being pre-determined. They still get hurt and even die....

GBut to say wrestling is "fake" is a insult to every fan of wrestling and every wrestler, whether they are on the Indy Circuit, or in WWE or ECW.

Brent

08-18-2006, 01:19 AM
Verified Member

You should check out "Beyond the Mat" , its an excellent documentary about the wrestling business, how fake and how real it can get, if you want I can send you a copy.

It has changed a lot over the years, in the past it was a lot "faker" then it is now. Wrestlers did less damaging moves (they did more of the basics, bodyslams, piledrivers, drop kicks), now they jump from 30ft ledges and fall of cages into tables (the tables for the most part are pre-cut but the impact still hurts. The independants are even more dangerous since they play in smaller venues and at times have to work harder to impress the crowds. Some of the worst injuries have come from these smaller shows then the actual big expensive pay per views.

The WWE/MTV reality show I think was great because it showed just how hard it is to be a wrestler since most people think its the fakest and easiest thing in the world.

And I am not attacking you Emo I am just stating things in a general basis.
  08-18-2006, 09:00 AM

I was just making a joke... Because all thru school, everyone says wrestling is fake and all that... Yes its all planned, but anybody who jumps from the top rope to land on their stomach flat is going to feel something lol... I know they can do more stuff I wouldn't even think of doing except when I was alot younger and didn't care if I got hurt lol.
  08-18-2006, 09:02 AM

**edit, I hadn't read ur whole post...** I'm sure you weren't attacking me, I was just adding some more humor to the thread... But of course, I'll admit I wouldn't go out there and do the things they do.. I probably just....... can't. You know? That takes alotta work and just mental fitness. overall, I just am not cut for something like taking chairs to the head and back lol... I have enuff back probs
  08-31-2006, 06:27 AM

Verified Member

According to wrestleview.com ECW on Sci-fi has been renewed till December 2007. A replay will air later in the week. Doesn't look like they will get a 2hr show anytime soon.
  08-31-2006, 06:33 AM

Verified Member

Still a very good deal.

This weeks ECW got a 1.9 a 20 percent drop from last week, Raw also got a 20 percent drop this week. The consensious is that with a lower Raw as a lead in the night before it affected ECW. So next week should rebound to 2.3 again Hopefully better

Brent

08-31-2006, 06:59 AM

Verified Member

Glad I saw the Sci-fi version of Raw on Monday as they didn't air Raw at all on USA in Hawaii. I would actually rate Raw as the best show of the three even with all the McMahon pandering. ECW at number two, and I'm still trying to find a reason to watch Smackdown. That choice might be decided for me in the Fall if there isn't a CW here.
  08-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Verified Member

RAW was a big mess this week, I mean the IC title is a freaking joke (I think MOTUfan, you and me could fight for the #1 contendership!) and Johnny Nitro was just babbling, I mean the whole I am going to be bigger than Mick Foley...well pal first start by getting the World Title and then open your mouth because until you get that you wont even come close...ohh that rights we cant remember storylines or title regins longer than 10 days lol

I have not liked RAW for some time, I think its just a big bag of crap...they need to get on the ADD medicine and focus the program...I mean the main event was not Edge?? I did not know we flipped the World Title to only PPV status and then against the same person for like 5 in a row

And Jeff Hardy...so he is fighting for the IC Belt after 2 weeks in WWE, it would serve them right to put the belt on him and have him no-show or get on drugs again.

I want to be positive but it just seems like the last year or so Vince has let the program crash for the sole reason there is nothing else on to compete.