Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Reality TV: Sports, Gameshows, Non-Fiction

08-03-2006, 07:15 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Ok I will give you the Foley Flair interaction, that is starting to be good. But seriously thats the only thing Raw has going for it right now.

The I-C match was a good throwaway match wasted on TV, it shouldve been on a PPV.

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-03-2006, 07:41 AM

Verified Member

AWESOME News:

PWInsider is reporting that WWE brass was very impressed with the hammerstein taping and even detractors from the ECW project are admitting that ECW having its own tapings once the 12 week trial run is over might be a good idea.

08-03-2006, 02:31 PM

Verified Member

ECW on SCI-FI Ratings history thus far:

Week 1 (6/13): 2.8
Week 2 (6/20): 2.3
Week 3 (6/27): 2.2
Week 4 (7/04): 1.4
Week 5 (7/11): 2.4
Week 6 (7/18): 2.2
Week 7 (7/25): 2.4
Week 8 (8/01): 2.4

I hope when RVD returns they hype it and the rating goes above 2.4

I honestly hope it breaks 3.0 one day consider Raw only pulls in 3.4-ish ratings these days

So considering ECW is only 1 hour and averages only one rating point below Raws that isnt too bad.

Brent

08-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
You know whats freaky Brent is we think alike

I was JUST telling my friend during Tuesdays show that I would LOVE to see all this just be an angle where the real ECW emerges, basically crap it down and make all the fans angry so when it comes back they love it 2x as much

Its a balsy gamble but it just could pay off because I can imagine the talent pool WWE has mixed with a crowd like the Hammerstein Ballroom and then $$$$ funding Paul E. He cant have lost his creativity

But god what we have to endure is just horrendous lol
  08-03-2006, 03:44 PM

Verified Member

I mean they are building towards the "ECW Originals" vs. "The New Breed". Just look at how they had every single one of the originals turn ther backs on Paul E. It is working. I LOVED how the ECW faithful have excepted Angle as ECW. There was a great "Welcome back" chant. They did not crap on him like they did Big Show/Batista. The thing is if they had played Show as a ECW face vs the WWE superstar Heel the fans may have cheered show, if they only would start having Show do a small promo saying, "week after week Vince sends his Superstars, to try to take our title as we did his. Bring It On!!!" There has to be some storyline reasoning for the WWE invaders, it should be addressed by the commentators, I mean back when Lawler etc invaded ECW they treated it as him not being welcome, but when a WWE Superstar shows up its treated as just a main event match-up. I do like how they are building Show-Sabu though, atleast that will become a ECW feud. Show won't have the title much longer, either Sabu beats him at Summerslam, or Show goes over him in a brutal matchup that goes back and forth for 18-25 minutes. OR RVD comes out and attacks Show does the Vandaminator, Show bleeds. Then RVD chases Heyman to the back. And Sabu beats Show for the title and RVD comes back to celebrate with Sabu, but turns on Sabu and we have a classic feud similar to RVD/Taz, I LOVED the exchanges between them heh

08-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
It would me be nice. I just don't see Vince ever letting ECW be what it is. One can only hope though.
  08-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Gramma of CPS

I just got a good laugh from WWE on UPN.While channel surfing The Tag Team Match with scotty 2 hottie .

I cant remember other guys. anywho, Scotty opponent went to do a flyin drop kick off the top rope. They completely screwed up the move. It was more obvious than it was suppose to be.
The guy missed Funaki by 10 feet lol . Funaki still landed as if he was dropped kicked.
Lost the match lol Come on guys. at least miss by 2 feet lmao! Too funny.
  08-09-2006, 08:12 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
Wow, no reaction to last night's show. Yay Big Show didn't wrestle. Main Event was good and the return of RVD. Triple H lost to Umaga and he still remains undefeated on Raw. Smart booking for once as the Samoan Bulldozer remains unbeaten and Triple H suffers one of his few yearly losses on tv.
  08-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Verified Member

Last nights show was neither excellent nor horrid, it just reconfirmed Mike Knox has not talent and Al Snow will job forever

Its also crystal clear the people booking WWECW dont get old ECW, if they had they would have had Angle and Sabu going at and then had the lights go out and have RVD in the middle of the ring to decimate both.....I mean for 10 years thats how someone came in as a surprise in ECW, the crowd was behind RVD when he did his thumb chant thing so why not just add the extra boost of excitement

I mean it may sound like nitpicking but I will maintain till they get it right that WWECW just needs some minor tweaks, can you imagine RVD having showed with the crowd in the Hammerstein Ballroom if the lights went off.....oh to dream of Vinces poor management/writers getting it right!

I dont need the old ECW back but its not much to ask them to at least acknowledge how the old ECW was, the fans passion is still there for the most part
  08-09-2006, 08:29 AM

Verified Member

So what was you're favorite "lights out" moment? I loved the Jim Cornette appearance the best because it was the equivalent of Hell Freezing Over at the time where Jimbo set foot in an ECW ring.

What's your opinion of Sabu talking so much these days Mark? He's said more words in the last few weeks than he has in his whole career. lol

Supposedly Heyman has more input in the shows. Tommy Dreamer just gave up his office job to devote himself as a wrestler. Now he can put over more useless talet. Yipee
  08-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Gramma of CPS

They are taking the edge & mystic away from Sabu. Which is typical McMahon.
Make him just another wrestler with a neat hat hence =
A young Iron Skiek.

Maybe I m paranoid. I think it's just a another little thumb in the eye to the ecw fans.

What you want. You wont get. Its RAW or nothing .

I almost cried al snow losin to Kevin the crapire . At least let it be someone who has a reputation. Or wrestled for one yr .. Hell 6 months on primetime .. Made me sick..
  08-09-2006, 08:59 AM

Verified Member

I'm still waiting for Abdullah The Butcher to return do stand up comedy and attack wrestlers with a spoon.

Speaking of wrestlers who aren't suppose to talk does anyone else remember when George The Animal Steele had electroshock therapy and said "How now brown cow" now that was funny.
  08-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Gramma of CPS

I

Sshhhhhhhhhhh.... That would mean showing your age So... No I don't recall that at all

08-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Verified Member

Ha ha thats funny CP....Al Snow does have a reputation in WWE to job ha ha ha ha

Sadly Al will never be given the chance again as he was in his run with Shane Douglas, now that was some memorable stuff. I am still angry to this day they did not put the strap on him, talk about OVER with the fans!!! It was like the 2nd coming of Hogan when they handed out the heads before the event and you took them out when his music hit!

As for my favorite lights out is along the same lines, it was from ECW TV Jerry Lawler debuts....The lights go out & Van Dam appears, the lights go out again & Sabu Appears, the lights go out once more & Lawler appears...One of the greates angles ever! The dang place rioted when he showed and you still hear years later Lawler state in interviews he was legitametly scared.

Thats what makes the signs at One Night Stand 2006 soooooo funny (Cena wins we Riot) because given the history you know that was a good possibilty!

Sabu talking, well I will just say this.....throughout his career he has held most of the heavyweight belts and been in almost every promotion but only Vince and WWE thought it was great idea to have him on the mic.
  08-10-2006, 01:20 AM

Verified Member

This might be good

from wwe.com...

This Tuesday night, Kurt Angle, Sabu and Rob Van Dam will compete in a No. 1 Contender Triple Threat Ladder Match.

08-10-2006, 04:42 AM
Verified Member

They are getting there lol

Like I said the ending to Tuesdays show could have been awesome with a simple lights off moment, I mean the crowd was 100% behind RVD after he laid out both wrestlers but the imagery of the lights out would have made it sooooo much better.

It is my hope that it was simply sucking till it got a regular schedule, once its on without having to impress Sci-Fi (at least to the point where they had to keep them renewing) it might get a little more normal. I mean really Sci-Fi cant complain if its been on for over 30 episodes and still draws a 2.0-2.5
  08-10-2006, 06:23 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MOTUfan

This might be good

from wwe.com...

This Tuesday night, Kurt Angle, Sabu and Rob Van Dam will compete in a No. 1 Contender Triple Threat Ladder Match.
Only problem is the winner gets to face Big Show
  08-10-2006, 06:52 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WEW3

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MOTUfan

This might be good

from wwe.com...

Only problem is the winner gets to face Big Show
Its still ECW wrestlers And you know Shows opponent whomever it is will be the new ECW champion

Brent

08-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Verified Member

Or so you think...mwaaaahahahahahaha

That would be soooo Vince to have RVD win the #1 contender match and go for the belt and have Paul E screw him again just so we can have another final super cage ultimate death match no time limit extreme rules tower of doom till someone dies PPV match
  08-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Gramma of CPS

LMAO! Death Match I like that! It would be a welcomed change lol