Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

08-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I am not complaining, But I have noticed a strange thing I would liek advice on.

Awhile back I traded someone who was very loyal to Prodiscs-specifically 4x.
I had huge problems with this media- and someone I trust told me it might not be the media, but the speed.

Anytime I get prodiscs it seems to be 4x.
and they don't play right.
Or burn right.

They make it to about 55 percent of the disc and stop.

Now, I have passed these discs along to others and usually, they work fine- unless the disc was bad. Although a few have had the same issue

But how do I trouble shoot if when I have trouble it is the brand or
The speed
Or the dvd+ r dvd-r factor

How exactly do you trouble shoot a disc, so you can avoid the problem in the future.

I guess I could avoid specific brands, only take dvd_r and only take 8x for example but that seems a bit extreme.

So when you guys have trouble with media and discs, how do you trouble shoot to find out which is the source- speed, make or model.

I hate to be a bother to others, and I certianly don't wnat to miss out on trades due to media incompatability-
Does anyone else have problems with Prodiscs, or lower speeds?

And is there something I can do, to make my players/burner be more...forgiving with these? Someone mentioned firmware upgrades?

Thanks for any help-
  08-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Speeds is never a problem. That's a bad myth. I suggest you read every word on every page (all 7 of them) at www.nomorecoasters.com and soak it all up. It should answer every one of your questions, and then some.

08-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Thanks LS....printed it out and will go over it- many thanks for the help.