Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

05-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
so i have two things im trying to do some cleanup on that was transfered to dvd from vhs. the first one seems like it came out pretty good in my opinion. im new to clean up though. anyone who knows let me know what could be fixed or if they look ok.

Attached Files
File Type: zip clarissa sample.zip (4.72 MB, 52 views)
File Type: rar Clarissa fix.rar (7.15 MB, 60 views)
File Type: zip Vr Troopers Sample.zip (5.38 MB, 36 views)
File Type: rar VR Fix.rar (7.30 MB, 56 views)
  05-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Clarissa...

Mask the overscan, it's stealing bitrate. Block borders should cover about 12-16 pixels on left/right, and about 4-8 pixels on top/bottom. Even numbers only, no odds. No cropping, mask it.

What you've done here is good, I doubt you'd be able to improve on it a whole lost.

Audio needs some high restore. The latest version 8 set of digitalFAQ SoundForge filters, you could have used "High Restore E" to fix her vocals. It's too muffled right now, that filter will give it a good boost. Better yet, I've just created a new graphic EQ filter based this set -- Enrich VHS Mono 2 -- and have uploaded a version 9 set of filters. Go get it. See attached sample of my fix to your fix.

I'll look at the VR Troopers later or tomorrow.

Attached Files
File Type: rar ClarissaFixMP3.rar (172.2 KB, 103 views)
  05-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Verified Member

Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
i turned clarissa from 720x480 to 704x480 by cutting off the left side 12, right side 4 and leaving top and bottom as is then resizing back to 720 like you showed me before with nulltransform then resize or whatever.

the audio is that based on the original or the fixed clip? cause changed a lot there too.
goldwave changed pop/click 1000, noise reduction slight hiss removal and raised the volume a bit.
  05-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
My audio fix continues on yours -- my work is not off the original.
  05-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Verified Member

nice added it.. some filters take forever like neat video. works amazing but slow as dirt now i know why it takes some time to put out project that need a lot of restoring