Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Andy Mangels, they creator of all the documentaries on the BCI/Filmation animated sets has explained why we will not see the Filmation Tarzan show anytime soon (Greg might cry when he sees this)

As for Tarzan, Disney currently licenses the rights to the property. As long as they do (and with movie sequels, theme park rides, and a Broadway show, it's likely to be a very long time) you likely will not see Filmation's Tarzan on DVD
  08-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Well, I have 24 of the 36 on a DVD set I made a few years ago.
It's about B+/A- quality, not bad at all.

Things like this, rights arguments, are why our hobby exists.
We will watch, while they will argue.

08-02-2006, 09:47 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
BASTARDS!!! I have an excellent set I acquired about a year ago though..it will suffice until I get a dvd release. That cartoon is one of the reasons I STARTED this hobby about 15 years ago!!!