Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

03-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
A federal court has awarded the heirs of Superman co-creator Jerome Siegel a share of the character's copyright, The New York Times reports.

The court ruling means that Siegel's heirs will be entitled to a share of revenues generated by the character since 1999, when the court deems rights to have reverted to the family. If the ruling stands, the family of Max Shuster may also gain a share in the character in 2013. The families will then share control of the Superman copyright until at least 2033.

Still unresolved is the issue of whether the Siegel and Shuster families would share in Warner Bros. revenues generated by Superman Returns, and the fate of the character's potential upcoming appearances in the sequel to that film and in the planned Justice League movie.

Jerome Siegel originally sold the character to the forerunner of DC Comics for $130.
  03-29-2008, 08:51 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 241 posts since Jun 2005
I hate legalese. Why does "selling" something have to be so difficult? Did they actually sell it or not?

It reminds me of using software: agree to a book-length digital contract just to use the thing. I love those clauses that say you can't use the word processor to facilitate the development of nuclear weapons--if someone were manufacturing nuclear weapons, what are YOU gonna do??? AND ITS ALL IN CAPTIAL LETTERS AS IF READING ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IN ONE REAAAALLY LONG PARAGRAPH IS AN EASY THING TO DO RATHER THAN BEING A REAL PAIN IN THE ***.

I'm glad we don't need to jump through such hoops just to read a book!
  03-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
rotflmao!!!!
  03-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Knight of Toonplar

Stats: 1,516 posts since Jun 2005
Interesting........ I'll buy the character for 130.00 lmao